Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas to all ... And a Graphic 45 layout

 
Hi there,
 
Well, I would have to be in the running to receive the 'Slack blogger award' for sure !!  Ive been so busy with Christmas, and harvest, children, school, Kindergarten, and about a million other things, my poor blog is looking very sad indeed !! I plan to make it one of my New years resolutions to blog twice a week at least !?!  ( along with losing weight, but that is my resolution every year, lol )
 
 
 I want to wish you all a wonderful, safe and happy Christmas from my family, to yours...... For some, like us here in Australia, the big day is over, but for some, its still Christmas day, and Im not too late  :)
 
I also have a layout to share, which I did for Graphic 45. Ive used the beautiful '12 days of Christmas' paper collection, which is one of my all time faves ( but I think I say that about most of the G45 papers don't I ? )
 
It’s no secret that I love to fussy cut. The images in the 12 days of Christmas paper collection are begging to be cut out and layered.  I have done this with the flowers in my layout. I have cut 2 each of the same image, layered them on top of each other, using foam tape, which gives them a lovely, 3D look. I always use a craft knife when fussy cutting, but make sure you have a really sharp blade, or you could tear the paper. Also, another great tip is to ink the edges of your fussy cut images with a distress ink, this helps to hide your imperfect cuts
 
12-days-of-christmas_layout, Karen Shady, Graphic 45
 
As usual, I've used some beautiful Manor House Creations flowers, for the latest, summer collection, which you can find HERE ..
 
12-days-3
 
And some of the newest Dusty Attic chippies, the window frame, and these adorable hinges ..
 
12-days-of-christmas_detail
 
 
12-days-layout_-detail-2
 
OK, I'm off to the Boxing day sales... Hopefully to find a bargain. lol.. I've got to drag my 2 littlest boys along with me, as my Hubby is harvesting, so I don't think I will be gone too long :)
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and Christmas has been a busy time for me too.. hopefully I can get back into the swing of posting on my blog again too... and I wish you all the best for 2014 too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!
    http://sarahcooper.ctmh.com.au/

    ReplyDelete